• Advertisement

2002 mu roof leak

For faults and questions about your body and chassis

2002 mu roof leak

Postby mattymu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 pm

I gave my mu it's first wash since it has been in my possession with a fleetwash water blaster at work.
Afterwards, apart from being shiny I noticed water along the roof above the seat belt mount.
The only place water could of got here is either
1) from the sunroof.
-no signs of water passed the seal which looks perfect.
However, there are 2 drain holes in the sunroof(1 on drivers side, one passengers)...hmmmm where do these go??

2) The roof rack seal.
-How do you remove these? and is it even possible water could get through here?

From this I'm pretty sure it has come from the sunroof drain, perhaps a hole somewhere along the hose, or the hose has come off..
But how can I fix this apart from plugging the drain in the passengers side so all the water must channel down the other drain?
I don't want to pull off the interior roofing just to get to a drain.

*****EDIT*****
FIXED!
The hose had come off from where it joins the drain.
This was accessed by removing the b-pillar trims then carefully working the roof lining free from the seals just enough to slip a hand through.
Anyone with this issue consider the fix urgent as any water will not just pool in the roof but runs down past a whole lot of wiring

Last edited by mattymu on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattymu
Isuzu Baby

City: Nelson
Vehicle: 2002 Isuzu mu 3.2 soft top

Re: 2002 mu roof leak

Postby mattymu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:03 pm

A bit of testing with a drink bottle and it is definitely the passengers side sunroof drain.
The drain hoses seem to run down the B pillar to above the rear wheels, the drivers side drains nicely but not a single drop came out of the passengers side.

I've tried pushing an audio wire down it but got scared I would pierce the hose so tried blowing through a straw(lol), but will try compressed air at work tomorrow.

Any other ideas? I really don't want to have to take interior panels off.
mattymu
Isuzu Baby

City: Nelson
Vehicle: 2002 Isuzu mu 3.2 soft top

Return to Body and Chassis