• Advertisement

UBS55 Bighorn - Recaro Seats keep reclining by themselves

For faults and questions about your body and chassis

UBS55 Bighorn - Recaro Seats keep reclining by themselves

Postby gomulletgo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi guys,

My UBS55 Bighorn has Recaro seats, for quite some time now they've been reclining by themselves. Basically if you grab the seat back and shake it back and forwards it will start reclining. When driving just going over a bump is enough to take your body weight off the seat back and allow it to recline. I've had a look at the seats, taken off the side turn knobs and I can't figure out how to adjust or fix the problem.

Has any one else had this issue of the Recaro seats falling back? What is the solution?

This is a photo of the Recaro seat type: http://s10.photobucket.com/user/C-Rex/m ... 8.jpg.html

Thanks in advance :D
gomulletgo
Isuzu Senior

City: CHCH
Vehicle: 89 bighorn 2.8ITD Manual LWB,
93 bighorn 3.1ITD Manual LWB.

Re: UBS55 Bighorn - Recaro Seats keep reclining by themselve

Postby geeves » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:51 pm

This has come up in the past but a long time ago. Mine did this and the cheap but effective fix was to take out all tht washers under both sides of the adjuster then clean and dry them well. On mine they were oily which certanly didnt help Then replace all the foam washers in the cage bit with solid washers that are a good fit I had to make mine from aluminium Put it all back together then on one side only add 1 rubber hose tap washer and put back together. If it still slips put one under the other side as well. If you fit this one when its not needed you wont be able to adjust the seat
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby gomulletgo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:19 pm

small_20150208_164908.jpg
small_20150208_164932.jpg
small_20150208_165016.jpg

Do you mean these parts? I've looked and looked at it and I can't see how any washers in this area would make any difference. The adjustment knobs seem to directly interact with the shaft which determines the seat position.

Loosing the plastic knobs right off or tightening them right up the seat still behaves the same :? Even taking the plastic knobs off entirely makes no difference.

Thanks in advance for shedding some light on this :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gomulletgo
Isuzu Senior

City: CHCH
Vehicle: 89 bighorn 2.8ITD Manual LWB,
93 bighorn 3.1ITD Manual LWB.

Postby isuzurob » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:50 pm

that fibre washer holds the pressure on the seat, they crush, so put a couple of washers inside the knob and screw it up again, i made some new rubber washers with a wod punch and had to slightly lube the rubber because i couldnt turn the knob(it worked to well)
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby geeves » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:26 pm

exactly what I did except a hose tap washer is the right size so no punching required. Not often you can go to the plumbing shop to fix your truck
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Body and Chassis