• Advertisement

Diesel drag Thailand, A new respect for Isuzu engines

Getting to know one another, and general Chit chat about anything and everything

Diesel drag Thailand, A new respect for Isuzu engines

Postby superturbocompound » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Went to the drag race in Thailand, it was held mid December , first time seeing full fledged diesel drag racing trucks and also full bodied trucks...these guys are pushing 80 to 120 psi on their machine...only internal mod were the steel connecting rods, the crank and pistons are stock(they may be more but , but just discussing the engine strength only)....one of the secret that only the Thais know about is that a series of 4jg2 cranks are forged!!!...so there is always a hunt for these crank...the abuse these engine go through over and over again is incredible how strong the Isuzu engines are...run after run....during testing and qualifying...it was incredible...night runs, there is visible flame about a foot long coming out of the short exhaust downpipe , how they managed to control the EGT baffles me....will try so sort out some pics
superturbocompound
Isuzu Baby

City: kota kinabalu
Vehicle: Isuzu rodeo

Re: Diesel drag Thailand, A new respect for Isuzu engines

Postby superturbocompound » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:29 pm

pics that i took from a thai magazaine
superturbocompound
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:49 pm

I thought you knew more than anyone about getting the last kw out of these engines. Just thinking your early 4jb1 hybrid super/turbocharger and more recent comments re the 4jj1.
How do you identify the forged cranks?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby superturbocompound » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:30 pm

on the forged cranks...some how the Thais know about it, i have no idea how to differentiate what year and model of the 4jg2 engine which has these forge cranks , but they do exist...extracting power from the 4jb1t....i'm light years behind the Thais,fortunately they like to share their tuning methods...most of it was for the 4jj1....the pics actually shows the engine (4jh1) running 2 fuel pumps...did anyone notice this?
superturbocompound
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:19 pm

any ideas on the horse powers they are getting?
Ive heard of some series times on diesels before but it was in full sized trucks. Imagine a Kenworth or Mac doing a sub 10 second quarter and doing it with no visible smoke.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby superturbocompound » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:27 pm

the isuzu in the pic had clocked 11.5 seconds, no NO2...300-400hp(maybe)...11.5 is really fast...trap speed around 200+kmh,final drive ratio is a custom 2.9,very common mods for more top speed,they don't rev the engine much, around 4000rpm only, maybe that's why the engine last , even after so many runs down the 1/4mile...
superturbocompound
Isuzu Baby

Postby TASOSS » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Good morning . I am from GREECE and would like some technical information about the upgrade of my favorite car isuzu dmax 3.0 4jj1. here in GREECE there is no knowledge about the common rail. you can guide me ??? I have already broken an engine. I will wait your news. Thank you too manyThe car is now 291 hp and 53 kg wheel torque. Thank you and waiting your news..
TASOSS
I'm only here for the information

City: inofita
Vehicle: ISUZU DMAX 2008 3.0 4jj1

Return to The Bar