• Advertisement

To prove im a newbie

Getting to know one another, and general Chit chat about anything and everything

To prove im a newbie

Postby tertle » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:54 pm

OK just to ensure for the future that people are aware im slightly mechanically and 4x4 challenged

test drove the truck, even tried out the 4H and 4L selector and thought it went well, even went out to the waimak and played in the sand and dirt, very pleased with what little I was brave enough to try, so proudly I went home in the knowledge that the 4x4 aspect of the truck was working nicely.......

Till yesterday.....

Hmmmm I thought whats this writing on the front wheels.....YUP hubs that I need to first engage before the 4x4 will actually perform! SLAP forehead!
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Re: To prove im a newbie

Postby dani4jb1t » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:22 am

funny story, fortunately you didn't get stuck in the sand...
dani4jb1t
Isuzu Junior

City: Antofagasta
Vehicle: '93 TFS55, Solid front axle, Dual fuel tank, On board air system, Teralow 3:1, 235/85/R16

Postby muu92 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Just tell ya mates you went out playing and didn't even have to lock the hubs ;)
I Love my Mu's..... Tracie.....
muu92
Isuzu Junior

City: Proston
Vehicle: Isuzu Mu 1990 Wagon, Isuzu Mu 1991 Ute, Isuzu Mu 1992 Wagon, Isuzu Mu 1996 Wizard, Isuzu D-max 2012 LSU, Isuzu MU-X LST 2014

Postby geeves » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:41 pm

I large number of years ago but after I had had the old bighorn many years our club was taking the council rangers plus a few forestry people through our favourite play area so best behaviour etc No wheelspinning allowed. Thats all ok it was a good days drive. Got out to the gas station to blow up the tyres and noticed only one hub locked. This has exactly the same effect as no hubs locked. Cluc has a special award for mistakes like that if anyone else had found out.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby tertle » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:37 pm

muu92 wrote:Just tell ya mates you went out playing and didn't even have to lock the hubs ;)

Like ya style there my friend ;)
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Return to The Bar