• Advertisement

New here looking for some help

Getting to know one another, and general Chit chat about anything and everything

New here looking for some help

Postby MiniTank » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:44 pm

I'll start out by saying hi. A buddy and I are from the states and are looking into using a isuzu trooper 3.5 6VE1 motor in a project of ours and wanted to know some info like
What's a good company to get a rebuild kit from?
If we need to bore the block who are you guys getting pistons from?
What are you guys getting horsepower wise outta these motors?
The do's and don't s of the motor.

I have tried to search about these but very little comes up about them and what people have done with the motor here in the states. My friend said that he remembers reading about guys that use these motors for airplanes and turbo the making good power but can't seem to find that artical. Any info you have even if it's just links to more reading I'm all for it thanks.
MiniTank
I'm only here for the information

City: liberty
Vehicle: Pontiac Fiero

Re: New here looking for some help

Postby geeves » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:59 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/view/b3e4id89dco831k/Dmax.pdf

This manual covers the engine amoungst other things Even I didnt know I had it. Not sure on where you can get parts from in USA but down here the diesels were more popular so there might be limited info.
They are computer controlled so hopefully you have that and the loom
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: New here looking for some help

Postby MiniTank » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:30 am

Thanks geeves these are not popular engines here in the states either but from what a buddy and I are thinking of we can find good parts and some knowledgeable people maybe even some state side people we can make a good running motor with some hp. I'll definitely look at that info and maybe if you can help me get connected with some of the gurus of the Izuzu 3.2/3.5s and any build threads for them thanks
MiniTank
I'm only here for the information

City: liberty
Vehicle: Pontiac Fiero

Return to The Bar