mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

City: Invercargill
Vehicle: Isuzu bighorn 1992, 4JG2-t.

Re: Wanted 4jg2 Power steering oil pump

Postby geeves » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:48 am

My Wizard has the same hose setup
Options are
Get an engineer to braze it back up as Rob suggests. This will be as strong as original
Visit a hose Doctor. They may have one on the shelf
Holden dealer might be able to supply but if Rob is correct this might not work except a complete new hose
Only other suggestion is that subarus have a similar pump so might have the same coupling
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby isuzurob » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:50 pm

Dont braze it, as it will leak as bronze is porise, easyflow or sylfloss it back together, the hose doctor has cut the original crimp fitting off and easyflowed the treaded fitting on the end for the new hose to screw onto, genuine hose comes with it all attached and is around $135, i would be welding it back together, easy fast fix
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby mrsuzu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:48 am

geeves wrote:
steerbit.jpg

Is this the bit?
I took the part to brake and hoses and they fixed it I would say nicely weld. Thank you for your responses and for looking the part for me. I wanna ask the idling speed stays on 1000 rpm per minute on truck. Is this normal If not how do I adjust it ?
mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Is it auto?
Air con on?
Book says 850 but if auto when very cold the check trans will flash when coming to a stop(should wind mine up a bit)
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby mrsuzu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:15 pm

isuzurob wrote:Dont braze it, as it will leak as bronze is porise, easyflow or sylfloss it back together, the hose doctor has cut the original crimp fitting off and easyflowed the treaded fitting on the end for the new hose to screw onto, genuine hose comes with it all attached and is around $135, i would be welding it back together, easy fast fix
. Thank you rob. Welding was an easy fix but still cost me around 4o bucks. I have put it back now it's nice and soft again. In case it break next time gotta change it with new part the easy flow one. How ever there are some squeeking noises coming from steering wheel now when I turn it right to the either end. Any clue. Cheers for that rob.
mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

Postby mrsuzu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:17 pm

geeves wrote:Is it auto?
Air con on?
Book says 850 but if auto when very cold the check trans will flash when coming to a stop(should wind mine up a bit)
it is an auto but not actually with aircon on. 850 and 1000 no big difference. Do you think it's all right. No that light doesn't appear.
mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

Postby isuzurob » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:02 pm

sounds like the drive belts are slipping and need to be tighter
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby geeves » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Could be just oil on them as well.
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby mrsuzu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:12 pm

geeves wrote:Could be just oil on them as well.
there is oil all came from reservoir should i take it to washbay and give a good engine wash.
mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:05 pm

supercheap have a special on degreaser
Deoiling always a messy horrid job
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby mrsuzu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:20 pm

geeves wrote:supercheap have a special on degreaser
Deoiling always a messy horrid job
Thanks for that, I've got it. It's making some strong knocking noise now i wonder where it could be coming from. also Do we have 4jg2 engine repair manual just engine like how to assemble it dissemble it just like this e.g http://www.shinny.co.uk/toyota/3MZ-FE/1 ... anical.pdf. I've searched around this website i've got many of them like 11000 pages trooper manual, service manual but that doesn't show just the engine part is it? Cheers for your help.
mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:10 pm

geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby geeves » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:50 pm

"the hose doctor has cut the original crimp fitting off and easyflowed the treaded fitting on the end for the new hose to screw onto, genuine hose comes with it all attached"
Had a closer look at my wizard and bighorn today. Bighorn did have a hose changed before I bought it and it is one piece. I know they used a second hand hose It would of been nice if they had replaced the o rings at the same time but thats another story. The wizard though I have no knowledge of a hose change and Ive owned it 5 years The fitting is bolted into the hose. Wipe the grease off though and there is a nice ring of golden braze at the thread. Its a modified fitting
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby mrsuzu » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:13 am

geeves wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/view/?32re54asslnsupk
is just engine
Thank you kindly Mate.
mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

Postby mrsuzu » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 am

geeves wrote:"the hose doctor has cut the original crimp fitting off and easyflowed the treaded fitting on the end for the new hose to screw onto, genuine hose comes with it all attached"
Had a closer look at my wizard and bighorn today. Bighorn did have a hose changed before I bought it and it is one piece. I know they used a second hand hose It would of been nice if they had replaced the o rings at the same time but thats another story. The wizard though I have no knowledge of a hose change and Ive owned it 5 years The fitting is bolted into the hose. Wipe the grease off though and there is a nice ring of golden braze at the thread. Its a modified fitting

I've got one more question, Sorry if i have annoyed you already, But I i know no one can give me practical information and help on my truck than this form.

" My Truck is throwing white smoke when i start it not much afterwards, The motor is good not much leaks according to the engine manual you provided , Does this mean it has an Injector problem, If there is injector problem what can i do to fix it?

Also any information how to tight down the accelerator cable, I think its loose.

my turbo make very different noise than my bros surf, Its noise is like ghaaaaaaann, Is it normal?

If i wanna do compression test on the engine where do i have to insert it, do i have to remove the intercooler etc?

When going uphill it will drop down power directly change the gear its an auto.

Please any information would be helpful. cheers
mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Im surprised local garages or diesel shops cant help.
White smoke on start up could be injectors or a glow plug. It could also be other parts in the cold start system or the injector pump. Does it stink of diesel? Does it clear within a couple of minutes? Both my bighorns did or do this but my wizard has always been fine. Compression tester goes in the holes for the glow plugs but you need a special tester It needs to read 460psi plus
The kick down cable and throttle position sensor both play a part in it changing down too early. Adjust kick down first
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby mrsuzu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:52 am

geeves wrote:Im surprised local garages or diesel shops cant help.
White smoke on start up could be injectors or a glow plug. It could also be other parts in the cold start system or the injector pump. Does it stink of diesel? Does it clear within a couple of minutes? Both my bighorns did or do this but my wizard has always been fine. Compression tester goes in the holes for the glow plugs but you need a special tester It needs to read 460psi plus
The kick down cable and throttle position sensor both play a part in it changing down too early. Adjust kick down first
good after noon geeves. I have adjusted kick down cable also moved a little bit of tps sensor. My od light keep flashing now. Although transmission is normal. What could have happened. Cheers
mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:03 pm

tps over adjusted. Tweak it back a little. Book has a voltage to set it to
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby mrsuzu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:51 pm

geeves wrote:sylfloss

Done thank you for that Geeves. But i've broken that wee power steering connector again, The other day i went to scrap yard, they have one isuzu, If i get the whole assembly from them and fit it, WOuld it work, I assume the part which comes from the come the one you uploaded is same on those trucks? WHat do you reckon. Cheers
mrsuzu
Isuzu Junior

PreviousNext

Return to New Zealand - Sell your 4x4 or parts here