• Advertisement

Some Tips about registering and other info

Having troubles setting up an account? you can post here.

Some Tips about registering and other info

Postby Francesco » Thu May 14, 2009 9:17 am

Hi and Welcome,

If you are having problems registering or loging in, then please seek for assistance in this section.

Please note:

+ If you where a member of the old forum, then you will need to re-register to access this new forum.
+ Please avoid using hotmail accounts for registration, there has been some issues with it.
+ Please make sure you fill in all the required fields on registration i.e. your location and age. These fields must remain filled other wise your account will be deleted.

Hope you enjoy the new forum.

Regards

Francesco
Francesco
Site Admin

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 4x4 -Isuzu Mu, 3.1 Manual 1996

Re: Some Tips about registering and other info

Postby geeves » Thu May 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Also if the registration confirmation email doesnt arrive log into your webmail and check the spam folder there. Some isps are treating activation emails as spam
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Michaeld » Sat May 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi Francesco, my user name is tread I don't seem to be getting the activation e-mail, I have tried several times but no luck. I recieved the e-mail telling me about the new forum on the same address and have never had problems before. I'm with xtra NZ and don't have a junk mail box. Thanks Michael
Michaeld

Postby geeves » Sun May 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Xtra is bouncing them. You need to log into xtra.co.nz then click the email button at the top of the page. If you are still useing the "classic" view you need to change to the "pro mail" view. This looks the same as a normal email programme. You will be in the inbox of your email. Click on the spam folder in here and the activation email will be here.
I use xtra as well but no longer from choice
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Francesco » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 am

Confirmation code view increased to higher setting today......go away spammers
Francesco
Site Admin

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 4x4 -Isuzu Mu, 3.1 Manual 1996

Postby geeves » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Since the upgrade we have had to move to admin approval of all registrations temporarily. This would be fine but we are also getting lots of spambot attempts to register. As a result we are getting a huge workload for volunteers with other things to do. Please accept our apologies if you take more than a couple of days for registration to complete or if we delete your valid attempt to register.
Today I had 55 requests to register 3 were valid and are now members 2 were checked and allowed to become members 5 were checked and deleted the rest deleted on the spot
Yesterday there was double this amount
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Return to Guest forum for trouble shooting