• Advertisement

Rewire Parrot

All Club management, news and development discussion

Rewire Parrot

Postby bobbos » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:42 am

Hi Guys, Another newbie joining and asking for info already, anyway here goes just bought a 2006 Grafter Tipper only 51k mileage, really happy with it, a little smoky on starting and sluggish when cold but okay when warmed up (in Scotland lol!) never beat any records tho. Anyway a Parrot CK3100 has been fitted and it would seem the wires need to be changed round with Red to LIVE. At the moment I have to 'discover' everytime I switch on (Parrot.com states if memory full and does not show 'Goodbye' when swtching off then wires are round the wrong way). Last owner says garage fitted Parrot and all his other vans are same! I traced wires and they run across steering column then behind cigarette lighter, this is when I lose them. Have checked fuse and dash relay boxes but cannot find the wires. Truck never came with any handbooks. Anybody know how to take off the dash so that I can get a better look? Also fuel gauge is live! Wires crossed somewhere? Love the site would like to gain more knowledge on this vehicle. Reason for buying? Son about to build a house but needs to raize 3 steadings first and needs a goffer hence truck and the old man!! Any help would be appreciated.
bobbos
Isuzu Baby

City: ABERDEENSHIRE
Vehicle: ISUZU NPR77 Grafter tipper (2006) 3.5t double wheel

Re: Rewire Parrot

Postby geeves » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:50 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i74p6cdtnf3c0/n-series
is a workshop manual for your truck.
I would try swapping your wires directly behind the unit. The small amount of reading I did on the parrot suggested there should be 2 in line fuse holders.
If all else fails there are lots of car stereos around now with built in blue tooth to handle the hands free phone
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby bobbos » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:15 am

Hi Geeves thanks for quick reply, much appreciated for manuals no excuses now :D, gonna have another look when I get truck back (away having new tailgate bolt fitted) I will keep you updated on my results.
bobbos
Isuzu Baby

Postby bobbos » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:43 am

Hi Guys, It would seem I have bought a white elephant! :oops: Truck came back on Friday with new tailgate pins and been using it all weekend, then coming home tonight it went into full revs and a plume of grey smoke out of exhaust!!! Tried switching off ignition but would not shutdown. Eventually engine stopped, it will turn over but when I called my local farmer for a pull off the road he reckoned the turbo seals have gone and sucked all the engine oil from sump!!! He gave me a tow to a garage and will go back in the morning and see what the mechanics says. Not a clue how much a this is gonna cost! Expecting a hefty bill. Sent text to previous owner and to date no reply. Not a happy bunny. :evil:
bobbos
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:57 pm

2006 with 51000 miles or 85000km should never of done that. I had a runaway on my bighorn caused by oil in the intercooler but I was thrashing it at the time. I was able to save mine by stalling it in gear but it was full panic for a few seconds. If there is still oil in the sump the chances are the rest of the motor is ok but if that was the case it would still start
There are other causes but your mechanic should be able to advise
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby bobbos » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:33 am

Hi folks, the saga continues!! New turbo fitted and engine running but won't take acceleration 'failsafe mode?' and eventually stops, it's as though when the turbo seals blew and engine went into full revs it automatically shutdown fuel system! Does anybody know if there is a reset switch/button that could be restricting fuel. To be fair to mechanic he is a car man not accustomed to heavier stuff. Greatly appreciated for assistance in advance.
bobbos
Isuzu Baby

Postby bobbos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:07 am

Continued this on a new post '4JH1 Turbo Seals!!'
bobbos
Isuzu Baby

Postby bobbos » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:22 pm

As a matter of interest I pulled off the facia to find the Parrot was wired red to red and orange to orange swapped the wires round and now the orange is connected to 'live' red and Parrot works perfectly hope this helps others who may be struggling, it would seem natural to go red to red but not in this case!!
bobbos
Isuzu Baby

Return to Control Room