• Advertisement

all power windows not working (96 wizard)

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

all power windows not working (96 wizard)

Postby Hamdog » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:56 pm

ok so yet another problem i seem to have got is all of a sudden my power windows wont work at all, theres not even an electric click when i push any of the buttons on the drivers door control part
they worked fine yesterday and all fuses seem to be fine and not blown,and the onl,y thing i have done is adjust the idle screw since then and i doubt it would be that causing it
the rear passenger window regulator was buggered to start with and that one wouldnt work but now none are working. and to top it all off my air con is useless so its constantly a hot summers day inside my wagon :(

any ideas?
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

City: Napier
Vehicle: 96 Isuzu wizard

Re: all power windows not working (96 wizard)

Postby geeves » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:15 pm

do you own a multimeter?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Hamdog » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:38 pm

i did until i took the wizard for swimming lessons the other weekend and it got soaking wet and stopped working, am going to buy another one this weekend tho ,but wouldnt have a clue as to where to start testing with it
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:10 pm

I would start looking for the battery connection at the switch block in the drivers door. Follow the clues from there.
I spent years following an intermitant fault on the windows in the old bighorn. The sort that disappears every time the meter goes near it. Never did actually find the fault but did prove it was the connection to the coil in the relay that only lets the windows work when the ignition was on. That turned into biff the relay and bridge the on contacts Result windows that worked Always.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Hamdog » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:56 am

Just got a multimeter so am about to start looking , the power window circuit breaker hasn't tripped at all so I guess I'll start there first an see if that has power going to it since that would be the midway point and work either way from there
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

Postby Hamdog » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:42 am

right so i tested at the circuit breaker in the fuse box in the side of the dash, theres power going there, so i tested at the plug going into the powqer window control panel on the drivers door, theres power going there, when i unplug the connector to the control panel and plug it back in i can hear two clicks in the switch panel so theres def power going into it

sooooo does that mean its just a faulty unit? do they just all of a sudden stop working like that? might try and find another drivers door control panel and see if that works and if not then im stumped

could it be a faulty relay somewhere? or would that not put power all the way to the switches?
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:57 pm

silly question. There is a lock switch on the switch module. Has that been bumped?
There is a manual at http://www.mediafire.com/?2g2hc1kzeyend that should have a reasonable wiring diagram.
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Hamdog » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Well funny you say that I did press the lock button the day before it stopped working , maybe that button is (family and work friendly edit by resident censor/admin)out and staying on lock ?
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

Postby Hamdog » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:36 am

ok so i had an auto sparky have a quick look at it and he couldnt work it out either, he said it sounds like the lock button was stuck on lock as there was power going to it all, so i went to the wreckers and tried another unit and same thing. so unless on the off chance that one was stuffed too what else could it be?

i cant see all the window regulators all stuffing out at the exact same time
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

Postby Hamdog » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:55 am

ok all sorted now , after a bit of internet searching i narrowed it down the the power window relay , got a new one from supercheap and went about trying to find out what relay is the window one, i now have working windows again !
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:01 pm

I hope your not heading down the same track I was with my old bighorn.
Eventually got that down to the power feed to the relay which would come right every time I looked at it and work till the next time it was critical for it to work like when it started pouring with rain or a river crossing and the windows down or the engine is overheating on a big hill and the window is up.
Took 10 years to eventually track down
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby ecw23able » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Where is the power window relay located?
ecw23able
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 96 Isuzu Wizard 3.1
Bridgestone D674 M/Ts
Runva 11XP Winch
100Ahr Second battery with Victron Solar Control
80W BP Solar Panel on the roof,
Full Length Light bar

Postby stardog » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:20 am

Drivers side kick panel cant remember which one it is also check the lock button where the master window switch is I accidently pushed it once and was wondering why my windows stopped working DOOH?
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

UCS69 Wizard fuses and relays

Postby andy120 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Should be the second relay up behind the driver kick panel.
Fuse and relays.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andy120
Isuzu Junior

City: Gore
Vehicle: 2 manual Wizards + 1 auto

Postby DonaldNZ » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:53 am

on my 97 ucs69 wizard the windows relay is 2nd from bottom in a row of 4 behind drivers kick panel, a different layout from the previous document. I have removed my relay and put a link across the battery and output terminals marked 30 & 87. My windows now all work irrespective of key position.

I also noted the 87 terminal in the window relay block is loose and could well be the cause of window failure. It appears the relay hasn't been removed since manufacture.
DonaldNZ
Isuzu Junior

City: mainland
Vehicle: wizard ucs69 4jg2t electronic pump & 30-43le trans.
Extra trans cooler in series & before radiator trans cooler.
airlift airbags in rear springs running 5-25psi, so far worked a treat, no longer bottoms out with 5 people and gear and still doesn't rattle me one up and empty. Watch the us paddle switches as my first pair leak. I've air electric replacements yet to fit.

Return to Electrical