• Advertisement

Vehicross feedback

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Vehicross feedback

Postby RADMAN » Tue May 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi there, Was wondering if anyone can assist with details on the Isuzu Vehicross such as economy and if they have any inherent issues, my wife is looking for a car but keeps test driving Rav 4's I would like her to get a real car like an Isuzu. Then I can borrow it, and possibly not give it back! :D could not do this with a Rav 4 :( . Any info would be greatly appreciated.
RADMAN
Isuzu Baby

City: Port Lincoln
Vehicle: JACKAROO 2000 3LTR DIESEL. VEHICROSS 3.2L V6. JACKAROO 2000 3.5 V6 (BLUE ROO), JACKAROO 1998 3.5 V6 (RED ROO)

Re: Vehicross feedback

Postby geeves » Wed May 27, 2015 3:56 pm

The Vehicross is a full on 4wd with full chassis etc but built as an of road race car initially for the Paris to Dakar etc. Very robust but not nessecsarily the best at normal off road driving as it had a more speed oriented suspension. Closest other vehicle is a pajero evo They are not common anywhere. I hate to think how few would be in Auss.
Ecconomy of a 3.2 or 3.5l v6 in a 2 ton body is never great but these were higher tuned than the Bighorns so I cant see them being frugle.
To be honest unless it is going to see some off road work or some serious towing I would get the Rav
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby slightlydodgy » Wed May 27, 2015 6:03 pm

We bought a 96 2 door rav as a second car that could drive down the farm race if need be. It will never be as good as my old Isuzu ute but I'm actually surprised where it will go.
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby RADMAN » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Thanks for input folks, I nearly have the missus convinced, she has sold her VE Calais and I have sold my VT Calais, she is now looking at the Holden YG Cruise as her runabout, and I may get the Vehicross if I sell my HZ windowless panelvan. Fair trade, a rare Holden for an even rarer Isuzu!!!!!
RADMAN
Isuzu Baby

City: Port Lincoln
Vehicle: JACKAROO 2000 3LTR DIESEL. VEHICROSS 3.2L V6. JACKAROO 2000 3.5 V6 (BLUE ROO), JACKAROO 1998 3.5 V6 (RED ROO)

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion