• Advertisement

Dmax warning tone

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Dmax warning tone

Postby powerguy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:12 am

Hi, does anyone know if there is a hack to disable the seatbelt warning tone in a 2015 Dmax? I live rurally and don't always want to put the belt on when doing multiple small trips around the block and the beeper doing its nut drives me crazy!
powerguy
Isuzu Baby

City: Motueka
Vehicle: 2015 D-Max

Re: Dmax warning tone

Postby geeves » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:42 am

plug the seatbelt in before you get in the seat. Problem gone and mr plod will see a done up seatbelt on a casual glance so you shouldnt get done except at a checkpoint. Off course sitting on the buckle every day will remind you how the seatbelt should be worn for safety.
the real fix is to unplug the wire into the seat but they do check this at wof time and it may disable the airbag but since you are driving slowly around town you dont need safety features
Here I am telling you how to do it and not to do it at the same time. Even since I was a child I was in cars with seat belts and we had it drumed into us so much that I cant even jump into a car and drive across a car park without the belt on
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby isuzurob » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:57 pm

best way is to buy a secondhand seatbelt out of a crashed d max and cut the buckle off the belt, then you can just plug it in when you want
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby powerguy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:09 am

Thanks for the replies. Geeves, my driving is around our block, not in town. Yes, unplugging wire could interfere with airbags and also trigger a fault warning, checked that option out already. Izuzurob's suggestion sounds best so far but will need 2 as it also triggers for the passenger! Just wish sometimes the manufacturer's would put a biit of thought into it as a workhorse requires different "features" to a Remuera Tractor!
powerguy
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:47 pm

Our company policy is all vehicles all times seat belt on. No Ifs buts or whatevers. Backing a car from one side of the car park to the other without putting the belt on is almost a sackable offence
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby powerguy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:23 pm

Yes, different situation when you are employed or just shuttling around on your own place!
powerguy
Isuzu Baby

Postby stardog » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:47 pm

In my Toyotas to keep it from beeping I just buckle the belt up before I get in to drive it and it doesn't beep same thing on passenger seat if there is anything on it.
Works for me.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby NPILE4JB1 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:06 pm

I know this is an old thread but for anyone new who Google's this. There are 2 electrical plugs under the seat. Unplug the one going to the buckle on both seats.

For all the nae-sayers out there I always wear my belt when driving on the road but not when cruising around the farm in low range.
NPILE4JB1
Isuzu Baby

City: Normanville
Vehicle: TF Rodeo 4JB1T

Return to Electrical