• Advertisement

Ra rodeo 4jh1-t chip

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Ra rodeo 4jh1-t chip

Postby isuzurob » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:11 pm

I have a 04 spacecab rodeo have tried 2 different chips with not much improvement to fuel use or power, would like to know what chips and results people have had, also maybe where you got it from and price, truck is just under 4 tonne
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Re: Ra rodeo 4jh1-t chip

Postby DonGato » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:23 am

Hi

I have the same inquiry, hope someone ever reply.
DonGato
Isuzu Baby

City: Quito
Vehicle: Chevrolet (Isuzu) D-Max 3.0 Diesel 4x4. 4JH1. VP44

Postby solace108 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:37 pm

I would be interested to know what chips you have tried?
I have used ecu chips in Auckland and superchips nz both gave very good results
solace108
Isuzu Baby

City: Tauranga
Vehicle: Holden Rodeo

Postby isuzurob » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:37 am

Have tried dp adjustable chip and think the other 1 was a tdc chip, truck struggles to do over 100km and has no torque
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby Jackadeo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:40 pm

A couple of weekends ago I worked on a mates 2005 RA Rodeo with 4JH1 that was also sluggish. He had fitted a chip but was not seeing a huge improvement.
It had a broken bolt in the exhaust manifold for the EGR so drilled that out and put two studs in instead and placed a blanking plate at the EGR as well.(later had to drill a 5mm hole in it due to check engine light coming on) Reset the valve rocker clearances as they were tight. Found the viscous fan hub was faulty so removed it until the new one comes in ( this was causing a huge lag on the engine). We carried out an engine oil flush with CEM products and did an oil & filter change.
He said it showed a much better response on the trip home. Quite often just fitting a chip is not going to make that much of a difference due to other things requiring attention first.
Jackadeo
Isuzu Baby

City: Bunbury
Vehicle: 1995 Rodeo Crew Cab 2.8TD 4x4

Postby isuzurob » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:45 pm

im a mechanic haven't just fitted chip, have removed cat, fitted big exhaust, removed egr, tried 3 different airflow meters, swapped injectors, has had good service history, it doesn't smoke at all needs more fuel, have another ra rodeo 2wd with a modified vp44 pump and no chip and it hauls
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Postby westerntrucker » Fri May 03, 2019 11:10 am

Hi there
Im new on here so far on my 05 RA rodeo I have fitted full 3 inch exhaust EGR blocked off service up to date and its going well, I am however looking to boost low rpm power or just across the whole rpm range as mine is sluggish off idle quite notably so.
solace 108 which chip would you suggest as you had success with two different chips.
Im open to any other mods being suggested I feel as though something is holding these engines back as Ive just come out of a 1kzte Prado and that had better low rpm power Im fairly certain there is potential lurking in this engine.
westerntrucker
I'm only here for the information

City: wellington
Vehicle: 2005 holden rodeo

Postby isuzurob » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:55 pm

Sorry for late reply, the issue is he injector pumps dont deliver enough fuel, the truck that was low on power I just fitted a new injector pump with different programming in the top of the ecu making it 110hp use to be able to get 120hp but that programme was deleted, truck goes much better but still lacks fuel, I have a 4jh1 with a 12mm manual pump on it and it goes amazing better than 3.2 rangers and 1kd hiluxes, if you want power only way is manual pump it
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Return to Engines and Exhaust