• Advertisement

Longer rear shocks question lifted Mu

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Longer rear shocks question lifted Mu

Postby tonkamu » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 am

I'm after more flex at the rear. I have an aftermarket HD leaf spring set with a load leaf (the straight one) & larger shackles. Its lifted 2" or slightly more than 2" as it sits higher than the front with the torsions completely wound up and on upper bump stops (will be sorting out soon).

Would a set of these give me more flex at the rear than the factory shocks.

https://www.4wdbits.co.nz/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=4163
tonkamu
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Mu 1991 All Black. MODS - Rear Lifted 2.5" Lovells Leafs / Rear Auto Locker / LSD in front / 33x12.5x15 MT Achilles / 9500 RUNVA w plug n kills switch inside cab / EGT, Voltage, Turbo timer, Boost gauge / 20 PSI VF10 Turbo with VF10 exhaust housing 2.5" downpipe with merged 2" wastegate pipe to full 2.5" straight pipe / GFB Boost Tap / Maxed fuel with grinded down cable stop / Adjusted Boost Compensator / 3.1 Oil Cooler / Intercooled / 3" Custom intake to sealed K&N airbox & filter to Snorkel / Catch Can / Xtreme Outback HD clutch / 80 amp alt / RockfordFosgate 300rms AMP w 2X Rockford Power 6x9's BT HDeck / all EGR, QWS, AC pump deleted.

Re: Longer rear shocks question lifted Mu

Postby geeves » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm

The same site has shocks for the Mu. I think these ones are too long compressed which is bad
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Longer rear shocks question lifted Mu

Postby isuzurob » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Normally new lifted leaves don't flex anywhere near as well as old flat leaves with long shackles, take the shocks off the lower mounts and with the truck jacked up at the rear see if the mount is lower than the shock
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension