• Advertisement

Isuzu Bighorn 3.1 4JG2i Check Engine Light' No Start

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Isuzu Bighorn 3.1 4JG2i Check Engine Light' No Start

Postby Jai78 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:36 pm

I like to get help here on some issues that i am having with my 4WD Isuzu Bighorn 3.1 4JG2i Diesel Automatic
I have the Check-Engine Light comes on when i put key in the ignition and i see the Check-Engine light on and you can here the Governor/Actuator made a click off noise so i guess i am not getting power to it and the Fuel Cut-Off Solenoid. The Governor is new, Map Sensor New, Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor(TPS) is new, Camshaft Sensor is new, NP Sensor New on the Pump.

When i leave the leads off the battery for a day and hooked them back and go to start. I get no Check-Engine light. When i start it' all good idles nice, but after 30 Seconds it decide to Rev-out and shuts off and Check-Engine light comes on. Will not start back up unless you leave it for the day and it will do the same thing again.

I did get scan codes:21,34,31,35,27. Not sure what they mean. Any help would be great, Thanks
Jai78
Isuzu Baby

City: Mulgildie
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn 95 - Lotus Edition 3.1TDi 4JG2 Engine

Re: Isuzu Bighorn 3.1 4JG2i Check Engine Light' No Start

Postby Jai78 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:40 pm

I found the issue of the problem i was getting. On the rear of the timing case hidden by the AC and alternator. There is the cam sensor which when duff throws a crank signal error. (there is no crank sensor)

The wiring to this can chafe through too. What made the Check-Engine Light and No Start Come On Was The Wiring To The Timing Sensor-Part Number:8-97117-162-1, AKA "Cam Sensor"
Jai78
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm

A good result. Those engines dont have too many problems and Ive not heard of this before but as they age we may see it again
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Jai78 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:33 am

The Dam 4Wd played up once again. Been 3 weeks off the road. All the electronic parts are new on this 4WD checked all wiring and they are all good to the ecu. So now i know it is the ECU has issues. I decided to open it up. My ecu is Zexel: 897137-9680. I did send this unit away in November 2017 and the Bloke at AusElectronica: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AusElect ... 4954013466 - https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-detai ... 1045768275

and said over the phone it is ok' Nothing wrong with it. Once i received it back i installed it and i drove it for 1000 Ks and it stopped again with Engine Check Light Of DEATH.

I had enough to many people said they can repair ecu units and they have the experience. I never repaired ecu systems before. So this is going to be first time i opened one up. I first sniffed the circuit bored and all ok. I decided to de-solder two capacitors' 16v 10uF. I then used a magnifier and noticed that positive leg on the Cap is rusty and other leg some green shit on it. I guess it leek. I replaced it with PW Series Cap 16v 10uF. I solder them both to the ecu. Installed back in my car. It started up no Check Engine Light. All good no errors. So all along it was the ecu after all. It goes to show that people who are experienced don't know everything in fault finding.
Jai78
Isuzu Baby

Return to Engine