• Advertisement

Intercooling 2001 tf

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Intercooling 2001 tf

Postby Slatts » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi,
I'm currently intercooling my 2001 2.8 tf. I have a 3.0 l intercooler and inlet manifold from a 3.0 litre intercooled tf. I'm wanting install an after market turbo that would normally go on the 3.0 litre engine. Firstly,do the factory oil supply and oil return pipes and water supply pipes fit up to the aftermarket turbo easily, secondly any recommendations for an aftermarket turbo? Wanting to spend up to $600. Any pitfalls anyone can see also doing this conversion. Already has an exhaust upgrade and a small tweak at the fuel supply. Thanks in advance.
Slatts
I'm only here for the information

City: Taree
Vehicle: 2001 2.8 space cab

Re: Intercooling 2001 tf

Postby tonkamu » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:52 am

Hi let me start by saying that I'm no expert, but I did put a custom turbo with adapter on my 4jb1 by myself with a custom down pipe. I think it would be safe to assume that no your pipes wont fit up straight off the bat, but they could if you bend them maybe if they are long enough.

The only pipe that's important to keep factory is the oil feed unless im wrong? all the others you can use appropriate rubber tube and clamp to the ends. I cut my oil return pipe in half and use a oil resistant tube from a speed shop and connect the 2 ends.

If you go custom you should really get a manifold off any diesel mu or bighorn as the main port is bigger than rodeo's I think.
tonkamu
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Mu 1991 All Black. MODS - Rear Lifted 2.5" Lovells Leafs / Rear Auto Locker / LSD in front / 33x12.5x15 MT Achilles / 9500 RUNVA w plug n kills switch inside cab / EGT, Voltage, Turbo timer, Boost gauge / 20 PSI VF10 Turbo with VF10 exhaust housing 2.5" downpipe with merged 2" wastegate pipe to full 2.5" straight pipe / GFB Boost Tap / Maxed fuel with grinded down cable stop / Adjusted Boost Compensator / 3.1 Oil Cooler / Intercooled / 3" Custom intake to sealed K&N airbox & filter to Snorkel / Catch Can / Xtreme Outback HD clutch / 80 amp alt / RockfordFosgate 300rms AMP w 2X Rockford Power 6x9's BT HDeck / all EGR, QWS, AC pump deleted.

Return to Engines and Exhaust