• Advertisement

1996 isuzu wizard. Leak

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

1996 isuzu wizard. Leak

Postby jobasachch » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Hey guys! recently i've purchased an isuzu wizard mu 1996 4jg2. in Christchurch NZ i am loving the truck~! and have been going about doing some maintenance such as changing the oil filter and oil. i also noticed the water hose going to the turbo leaking which ive replaced and clamped which seems to be fine! i've also flushed the radiator as i noticed a bit of rust and put new coolant into it. after driving it until hot and checking for leaks again i can see water dripping from the right hand (passenger side) of the engine. i'm unable to find any more hoses that are leaking and having a limited knowledge i'm unsure of how to proceed. thanks for taking the time to read this and have a great day!
jobasachch
Isuzu Baby

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1996 isuzu wizard nu

Re: 1996 isuzu wizard. Leak

Postby tonkamu » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:00 am

Have a check behind the turbo looking down with a flash light onto the oil cooler which is the top black part of the filter housing, those 2 hoses are prone to leaking if its still factory. If the pipes there are ok then its behind the engine or heater core area. check your passenger carpet for leaks. Youre quite lucky its not a cooked engine since summer has just passed and you've bought it with a very poor cooling system. are you sure the head is ok?
tonkamu
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Mu 1991 All Black. MODS - Rear Lifted 2.5" Lovells Leafs / Rear Auto Locker / LSD in front / 33x12.5x15 MT Achilles / 9500 RUNVA w plug n kills switch inside cab / EGT, Voltage, Turbo timer, Boost gauge / 20 PSI VF10 Turbo with VF10 exhaust housing 2.5" downpipe with merged 2" wastegate pipe to full 2.5" straight pipe / GFB Boost Tap / Maxed fuel with grinded down cable stop / Adjusted Boost Compensator / 3.1 Oil Cooler / Intercooled / 3" Custom intake to sealed K&N airbox & filter to Snorkel / Catch Can / Xtreme Outback HD clutch / 80 amp alt / RockfordFosgate 300rms AMP w 2X Rockford Power 6x9's BT HDeck / all EGR, QWS, AC pump deleted.

Postby jobasachch » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:54 am

Hey mate! Thanks very much for taking the time to look at the post and reply. I cant see any problems on the turbo side of the engine, no milkshakes in the oil or water and truck seems to be running fine without overheating with no smoke. So i would assume the head is okay. From what i know the truck hadn't been driven in a wee while. i also had it checked over when purchasing. passneger side carpets are all dry on the passenger side so we're cool as a cucumber there. i've uploaded a few pictures on imgur of around the area where it is leaking from.

Here is the post link https://imgur.com/gallery/77hm4yi

Cheers mate!
jobasachch
Isuzu Baby

Postby jobasachch » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Got it sorted thanks for looking! couple of unseen hoses leaking!
jobasachch
Isuzu Baby

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion