• Advertisement

Neutral Safety Switch

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Neutral Safety Switch

Postby Rhdriver » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:50 am

Need switch for vehicle listed in signature.

1993 Bighorn. 3.1 diesel. Automatic. Not sure what transmissions these have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Rhdriver
I'm only here for the information

City: Madras
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu Bighorn, UBS69GW

Re: Neutral Safety Switch

Postby geeves » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:57 pm

Could be fun over there. A good auto sparky might be able to repair yours. In the meantime bridge out the contacts so it can start but remember that without the switch it could start in gear and run you over
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Rhdriver » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:06 am

Thanks for your reply. I have got the vehicle running as you suggested. Having a very hard time finding the switch for sale any where. Do you know what transmission was used in this vehicle? I’d assume same as in your signature? Thanks.
Rhdriver
I'm only here for the information

City: Madras
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu Bighorn, UBS69GW

Postby geeves » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:09 pm

It would be if mine had been auto. My best thought would be trooper or Rodeo in USA but look for the 3.2 or 2.6 petrol versions. The inhibitor switch should be the same although the wiring between the 2 parts might need tweaking. The 3.1 petrol version is very different.
Other option is getting one from overseas. I wouldnt try second hand as they are a common failure item and new genuine would cost the earth but we can get reconditioned switches here. However the one in my Wizard 5 years ago cost $400NZ to buy.
Only other choice is to wire something from scratch
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Electrical