• Advertisement

4jg2 Fly Wheel

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

4jg2 Fly Wheel

Postby WelshBoy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:17 pm

I changed the clutch and did the rear main seal it wasn't till after that I found that I should of marked the flywheel in order to put it back the same way it came off, now there is vibration any help on correct alignment with tdc on cylinder 1?

I got also got is resurfaced

Thanks
WelshBoy
Isuzu Baby

City: tron
Vehicle: Isuzu bighorn 3.1 1994

Re: 4jg2 Fly Wheel

Postby geeves » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:34 pm

No mention in the manual about aligning the flywheel. The flywheen should be a ballanced item. Maybe the place that skimmed it got it off flat or dislodged a balance weight. Also check the locating dowels that line up the motor and gearbox. These can be pressed back into the assembly meaning the gearbox and engine are not aligned
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby WelshBoy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:33 am

geeves wrote:No mention in the manual about aligning the flywheel. The flywheen should be a ballanced item. Maybe the place that skimmed it got it off flat or dislodged a balance weight. Also check the locating dowels that line up the motor and gearbox. These can be pressed back into the assembly meaning the gearbox and engine are not aligned

Looked at the manual also says something about dowel pins but there was nothing there. I am also wondering about the place that did the skim now.
WelshBoy
Isuzu Baby

City: tron
Vehicle: Isuzu bighorn 3.1 1994

Postby andy120 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:27 am

You haven't lost a drive shaft balance weight or damper weight?
andy120
Isuzu Junior

City: Gore
Vehicle: 2 manual Wizards + 1 auto

Return to Engine