• Advertisement

Overnights in a Isuzu Wizard

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Overnights in a Isuzu Wizard

Postby htatche » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:20 am

Hi guys,

I did some research on this forum as well as Google but there isn't many people talking about this topic, at least specifically for the Wizard.

The truck that I'm looking for has enough space for me and my partner to spend some overnights inside during the weekends in the mountains. Can the Wizard fit 2 adults confortably enough ? Not looking for a premium sleep but a platform where we can throw our sleeping bags and be able to lay down would be great.

Cheers,
H
htatche
I'm only here for the information

City: CHC
Vehicle: Not yet !

Re: Overnights in a Isuzu Wizard

Postby geeves » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:56 pm

When I still had my Wizard I looked at this but may of been looking at the premium option. Back seat fully folded gave a mount for a base the same height as the wheel arches and some 12mm plywood I had at home and queen size airbed on top. Length was ok width was not unduly compromised but barely enough height to roll over Getting in and out was fun as well.
We didnt continue with the plan going back to a small tent for 1 night stays and the full size tent for a few days or more.
If you are shorter than 6 foot you may be able to sleep on the floor with a double airbed or tramping mat but where will you put your gear.
Since you dont have a wagon yet have you considered a bighorn? Its a tiny bit longer but quite a bit taller plus already has an inside rear door handle to get out
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby htatche » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:59 am

Yeah it might fall a bit short then. I will reconsider the bighorn, thanks for your tips specially the inside door handle which I hadn't considered before.
htatche
I'm only here for the information

City: CHC
Vehicle: Not yet !

Postby geeves » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:49 am

If I had gone ahead with those plans I was going to run a switch from the one on the dashboard for opening the tailgate.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby aMUzing » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:51 am

A good friend of mine had a big horn which he built a bed in the back, there was plenty of room for him and his partner to share it. I prefer the roof top tent idea myself.
aMUzing
Isuzu Baby

City: sucks
Vehicle: 1991 Isuzu Mu 2.8 turbo
Red

Postby mumanbeing » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:58 pm

If it works living in a 2nd gen RAV4 for a year, a wizard should be plush! DO IT!
mumanbeing
Isuzu Baby

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Mu 4jb1 turbo
Intercooler/scoop modification
Snorkel, custom bar work, spotlights
Much love needed

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion