• Advertisement

Insurance in WA for new cars

For discussion about organised trips and events in Australia

Insurance in WA for new cars

Postby geeves » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

This came to me via email and is third hand at least. Could be the thin end of a very nasty wedge if true

G'day all

Just caught the tail end of a news article on TV in WA that said
WA insurers would not give comprehensive insurance for 2012 cars onwards that did not have 4 stars or more.

I think there were some big names among the more obvious.

Nissan and Toyota, were among those mentioned. The obvious ones were Cherry and Great Wall,, but not all models.

I didn't catch the Nissan models, but the tojo appeared to be the cab chassis model.

Basically if it scores less than 4 stars it will not get insurance.

Might this spread to other states?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Insurance in WA for new cars

Postby isuzurob » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:25 pm

thats amazing, you would think they would want stronger trucks, not trucks that crumble in a crash, i had a major getting insurance for my truck as the mods are worth more than the truck, sorted it in the end though
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Re: Insurance in WA for new cars

Postby geeves » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 pm

I think insurance companies these days are more than willing to write a car off. Maybe this is so they can reduce there risk for personal injuries. Aussi doesnt have ACC like us so car insurance will be paying this
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Australian Trips, Events and Club Chat