• Advertisement

Isuzu spacer lift

For all suspension modifications

Isuzu spacer lift

Postby Samaya » Tue May 25, 2021 6:12 am

I am considering installing a spacer lift. 42mm front and then extended shackles in the rear which will add 25mm. I would love a good suspension like fulcrum or the like but now this is a cheap option...

The vehicle is a 2015 Isuzu kb250 4x4 HO LE (elsewhere its a D-Max 2,5l with 100kW)
What drawbacks are there with this type of lift with Isuzu? I will do wheel alignment after the install. But other than wheel alignment, I cannot think of anything else that could go wrong from the start :?:
Samaya
I'm only here for the information

City: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2015 Isuzu KB250 HO 4x4 LE - D'max 2,5l everywhere outside South Africa

Re: Isuzu spacer lift

Postby geeves » Tue May 25, 2021 6:30 am

2 wagons in your profile. The KB will be torsion bar in the front. Not sure with the DMAX. With torsion bars you can adjust the bracket at the back of the bar for a free lift of up to 50mm. Then remove the top ball joint and remount it under the control arm which will allow you to set the alignment and restore down travel. You can fit a spacer here as well but 42mm is huge. You would probably have to modify your front diff mounts to get any benefit. If its front spring yes a spacer works on top of the spring. Crude but effective.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Samaya » Wed May 26, 2021 7:10 am

Thanks Geeves, The front has struts so a spacer will work then. A friend mentioned I need to make sure the rear prop shaft angle to the diff does not become too bad, but for some reason, I think it will be ok if the lift is just 25mm in the rear... :mrgreen:
Samaya
I'm only here for the information

City: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2015 Isuzu KB250 HO 4x4 LE - D'max 2,5l everywhere outside South Africa

Postby geeves » Wed May 26, 2021 9:26 am

Shackle lift in the back tilts the diff up at the front so less issue.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Suspension