• Advertisement

Coil overs in rear of 95 MU

For all suspension modifications

Coil overs in rear of 95 MU

Postby BUBsthemu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:19 pm

A question. My UBS69 MU sits s little low in the rear. It's not much, but I see a lot of swb 4x4s sitting a bit lower in the rear. As I don't want to lift the MU, well not for a long while anyway, I was wondering if anyone has tried a set of adjustable coil over shocks for similar problems. I was thinking of air shocks with well protected air fittings and lines but then thought about coil overs. BUBs is my daily driver and only get occasional off road use, but once I've filled the back with tools, fridge, it can get lower. Anyone have any thoughts??

1995 MU
Bog standard
Firestone Destination A/T tyres
LED spot lights
But so much more to do!!
Henderson
Auckland NZ
BUBsthemu
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1995 4jg2 MU.

Re: Coil overs in rear of 95 MU

Postby isuzurob » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:30 pm

I had koni coil over shocks in the rear of my bighorn, didnt make bugger all difference to height or ride, best to get 1 or 2 extra leaves fitted to your leaf pack
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby BUBsthemu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Yeh that's what I originally thought but didn't really want to go that way. Been away from the trade for a while, any idea where I can get the extra leafs done. I used to use Smells in Newmarket but I don't think they exist anymore
BUBsthemu
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:08 am

Best answer is new leaf springs. I believe rodeo fit but do double check the pin to pin measurment. You may also have to remove a leaf from the pack. Its as cheap as coil overs unless you want to go whole hog and a full coil conversion.
Not sure if the shock mounts will take the full weight of the car
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby BUBsthemu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 am

I agree. Shock mounts won't take vehicle weight without modification, then of course a recert. Thanks for the info
BUBsthemu
Isuzu Baby

Return to Suspension