• Advertisement

Mu front lift how to?

For all suspension modifications

Mu front lift how to?

Postby Trentmu » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:50 am

Hey guys I have a 1994 mu, I have done a 2 inch shackle lift in the rear and have wound torsions up but the front is still sagging lower, I have heard about the ball joint flip but the problem is That it is my daily and I have heard some stories about ball joints failing due to that reason so if anyone has some ideas on a cheap safe lift in the front please let me know
Trentmu
I'm only here for the information

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1994 Isuzu mu

Re: Mu front lift how to?

Postby geeves » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:14 am

The torrsion bars have a spline on them. If you run out of travel you can move the spline round a few notches to get more travel. You can change at either end but undo the shock and lift the front under the chassis till there is no load on the torsion bar before undoing it. Ball joint flip only increases down travel and allows the wheel alignment to be set. It does put more angle on the joint but oem joints can deal with this. Some aftermarket ones will see the ball joint restricting travel
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Trentmu » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Thank you mate, also I’m trying to install a intercooler off a big horn on to my mu but, I have not got a clue how to do it as the get seems to be in the way abit
Trentmu
I'm only here for the information

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1994 Isuzu mu

Postby geeves » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Only 2 tricks. The turbo is in a different orientation for te intercooler and you need the bonnet scoop. If you have a 2.8 you can turn the housing but for the 3.1 its either change the turbo of fancy plumbing
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Suspension