• Advertisement

4jg1t "franken-engine"

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

Re: 4jg1t "franken-engine"

Postby paulthepilot5 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:38 pm

Definitely get an advancing of peak cylinder pressures with water meth, the more meth in the ratio the more advance. It is a bad thing if already pushing the limits, this is why I don’t have advanced timing while running water meth, also running lower comp. Not sure if you follow Gale Banks or not, have a watch of his video on water meth testing with live readings of cylinder pressures. Long video but worth a watch a few times, particularly the data on peak cylinder pressure. As far as I know no one has done anything to the same level of detail with water meth.
https://youtu.be/k0oWISH5eT8

I’ll have a look into hard anodising. I’ve not had any issues with ceramic coming off on mine nor piston melting activities :lol: , but I am planning to push things a lot harder with the inline pump and surface hardening can only help. Also good to know the cheaper pistons are holding, that’s my biggest fear of running the aftermarket pistons.
paulthepilot5
Isuzu Junior

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 1995 Isuzu Rodeo 2.8d
Compound twin Turbo
12mm fuel Pump
+50 injectors
Water/meth injection
14s 1/4 Mile

Re: 4jg1t "franken-engine"

Postby handymanny01 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:45 am

yeah man, Gale banks is great! ill def watch anything hes done with water meth, always open for fresh perspectives! : )
handymanny01
Isuzu Junior

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 3.1 Direct injection 4JG1 conversion, Vf10 hybrid, ported wastegate, mild port head, custom 12mm pump, 3"dump and system, 3" inlet / pod filter, EGR delete, 2" body lift, 2" (ish) suspension lift, 33" on 15" steelies , recaro seats, nardi wheel,,, rear LSD , front "lokka"

Previous

Return to Special Mods