• Advertisement

1994 isuzu bighorn 4jg2 starts but dies

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

1994 isuzu bighorn 4jg2 starts but dies

Postby ollieM » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:45 am

so i have a 4jg2 bighorn 3.1, i tried adjusting the max fuel screw but mine appears to be different, the lock nut and all is there but the 'adjuster' screw is a flanged type one that wont screw in and if screwed out is loose? i backed it off and screwed it back in snug after realising it must be a non adjustable version? and now it will only start idle for a couple of seconds then die even if i rev it. anyone able to give me any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ollieM
I'm only here for the information

City: wiltshire
Vehicle: isuzu bighorn 3.1D 5dr

Re: 1994 isuzu bighorn 4jg2 starts but dies

Postby geeves » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:58 am

With a banjo fitting under it it does not look like an adjuster. Adjuster should have a green cap over it. My guess is you have got air in the pump and need to bleed it
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby ollieM » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:03 am

Turns out that it was an awkward coincidence and the primer pump seems to have failed as it will not allow fuel through, connected the two pipes together and started up straight away, new primer and filter on the way. Anyone able to point me to where the fuel screw would be on the pump? Looking at other photos that bolt was in the same position but definitely isn’t it.
ollieM
I'm only here for the information

City: wiltshire
Vehicle: isuzu bighorn 3.1D 5dr

Postby geeves » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:38 am

Primer pump / filter most likely has an air leak around the filter or less likely a bit of crud stuck in the valve. Both easy fixes
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Engine