• Advertisement

Bottom end combustion and vaccum leak or squeal..

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Bottom end combustion and vaccum leak or squeal..

Postby Bladeekman » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Hi guys,

I have a 1992 Bighorn, 3.2l v6 DohC. 6vd1 Petrol auto.
When I got it the engine bay was dusty and dirty so I gave it a blast out and let it dry. Problems started from that point onwards.

At first it was misfiring, idling rough, knocking and the fuel consumption was through the roof. I so far have slightly fixed the misfire which was bad sparks and an ignition coil into bank 3 (I replaced all spark plugs and the ignition coil).
I was told it was the EGR valve so i pulled that and found the filter was the wrong way and corrected it, nothing was wrong with the egr valve though I suspect it might need a new hose. Since then it has run a lot better and the fuel consumption has gone down.

The last problem/s that I need to fix are a bottom end knock which actually feels like a miss or a mini explosion. The reason I think it's a fuel problem is because when I drive it sounds like it's overfueling and under fueling at the same time. When it picks back up there is a knock but sounds more like a little explosion. Could be the exhaust system not allowing the exhaust fumes to escape? Maybe a sensor?

Also a vaccum leak around 1500 - 3000rpm but re-seals after those acceleration points. Really not sure about this problem or anything to do with acceleration.

Any help please? I have been slowly making this thing run better and some other forums have similar things but nothing about this?
Bladeekman
I'm only here for the information

City: Whangarei
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Bighorn 3.2l v6 DohC. 6vd1 Petrol, Auto.

Re: Bottom end combustion and vaccum leak or squeal..

Postby Bladeekman » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:09 pm

*edit

- I have suspected it could be the injectors and read through other forums but have come to a conclusion this isn't the problem after doing a blast injector clean.

- I haven't checked out the ECM as others have said they have replaced it many times and haven't had any resolve.

- Another thing to ask is, does anyone have an idea of re-plumbing the EGR into the intake hose into a pod filter out a snorkel to make it not so loud?
Bladeekman
I'm only here for the information

City: Whangarei
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Bighorn 3.2l v6 DohC. 6vd1 Petrol, Auto.

Return to Engine