• Advertisement

Newbie (2007 Isuzu D-MAX 4x4)

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Newbie (2007 Isuzu D-MAX 4x4)

Postby gichkba » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:33 am

Hello,

I'm Dennis from Kenya. New to the diesel platform and new to the D-Max platform as well. Recently (Dec 12, 2021) got a 2007 Isuzu D-Max 4x4 with the 4JH1-TC and would like to understand a few things regarding the platform.

NB:
    I have gone through the whole forum posts and categories for the past 1 month and I could learn a few things regarding the platform and few nits and bits of what to expect, preventive maintenance, mods, suspension technicalities and such.
    I've been on the petrol platform all my life and currently own a 91 E34 530i with all NA mods to push 230hp out of the motor so I know my way around cars, mechanically and also electrical wise.

Now, here are a few things I could not find through my extensive research on the forum as well as Google.

Drivetrain Details:
    4x4 setup has been disabled and is currently on 2wd. (Missing Transfer Case Control Module).
    Front diff/axle is heavily leaking from the actuator area. (Is there an axle/diff rebuild kit or what can be done?)
    The harness underneath the car is quite butchered and will be easier to fully replace the whole vehicle harness for the peace of mind so any links as to where to get those. Can't find any online (eBay)
    Gearbox shifting in the morning is quite rough, becomes smooth once car is warm. (Anything to look out for? I drained the fluid and replaced with engine oil as manual says)
    Not sure if all sensors in the gearbox and transfer case are working except for reverse switch which I recently replaced. Speedo is very inaccurate, not sure if its a sensor or cluster issue.
    Replaced shocks and leaf spring bushes. Coming week, I'm replacing the steering rack as its heavily leaking and randomly becomes hard to turn while on the move (locks to the left side abruptly then releases), tie-rods and rack ends, front discs and pads, bump stops, control arms and bushes, rear drum linings, drum wheel cylinders and drain diff fluid while at it.
    Replaced transfer case rear seal as it was leaking but now I have leakage from the Yoke (rear side of the yoke at the universal joint area). Can't find a part number in the parts manual and still cant find a used yoke with the rubber seal as well.
    Clutch needs replacing.

Now I'm willing to restore and rebuild this vehicle so kindly help a newbie with any and every information or ideas there is.

I have the workshop manual, parts manual and technical write-ups of the car but still not yet halfway through from reading.

Thank You.
Well, Better to Burn out, Than it is to Rust.
gichkba
Isuzu Baby

City: Nairobi
Vehicle: 2007 Isuzu DMAX Single Cab 4x4

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension