• Advertisement

1st gen Trooper 3 door Hard Top 2.6 4ZE1 carbureted

Show us your Rig!

1st gen Trooper 3 door Hard Top 2.6 4ZE1 carbureted

Postby Ectatomma » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:36 am

Hi all, I'm Eduardo, I live in Colombia, South America in the countryside of a lovely place called Villa de Leyva. I own a 1st gen Trooper, I use it as a daily driver as most of the times I need to visit properties in the countryside as well, 80% of the time unpaved roads, some off-road as well.
I'm the 4th owner, bought it 3 and a half years ago 202700 km, now it have 237500.

The car was assembled in Colombia and it have several peculiarities:
-1995 model (these Troopers were assembled by GM until 1996), marketed as Chevrolet Trooper.
-Dana 44 differentials from factory, 41/9, locally made by Transejes.
-Cabrio version (UBS17), 3 door, fiberglass hard top locally made, it was an option by the dealer and was registered as such.
-It have no VIN, just a local serial number.
-Carbureted 2.6 4ZE1 engine, no emissions control systems, just the evaporative emission system (canister), all of these from factory.
-No AC, no power steering, no power windows, no rear defroster, no rear wiper, no tachometer, no central glove box, it was called the Standard model (STD), looks like they created a low cost model striping many things.
-Original jack was mechanical, locally made, it have a reduction box in order to handle the vehicle weight (unfortunately, missing in my rig).

So far it have sidebars and a little bodylift. The bush decided to remove all 4 flares :roll:, so currently don't have any (and looks like is going to stay that way)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ectatomma on Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ectatomma
Isuzu Baby

City: Villa de Leyva
Vehicle: 1st gen Trooper UBS17 3 door Hard Top 2.6 4ZE1 1995

Re: 1st gen Trooper 3door Hard Top 2.6 carbureted

Postby geeves » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:36 am

nice and the first one Ive seen like it
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: 1st gen Trooper 3 door Hard Top 2.6 4ZE1 carbureted

Postby Ectatomma » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:30 am

geeves wrote:nice and the first one Ive seen like it

Actually these are very common here. The production run stayed almost the same from 1988 to 1996. There is another version called DLX, 3 door short, normal metal sheet roof, includes AC; power steering, power windows, rear defroster, rear wiper, tachometer and central glove box, same engine (4ZE1), produced from 1989 to 1996. All 5 doors (the few of them that are seen here) were imported mostly from Venezuela and few of them from Japan.
It's a very well regarded car and there are many still rolling and it's very easy to find spares.
it's common to hear things like "that's a very good car", "that's a very strong car", "it's a bull" and so.
Ectatomma
Isuzu Baby

City: Villa de Leyva
Vehicle: 1st gen Trooper UBS17 3 door Hard Top 2.6 4ZE1 1995

Re: 1st gen Trooper 3 door Hard Top 2.6 4ZE1 carbureted

Postby geeves » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:32 pm

we dont have many south americans here which will be why
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Members Rigs