• Advertisement

Rons MOOOO

Show us your Rig!

Re: Rons MOOOO

Postby rcolijn » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:03 pm

Keeping track of my changes:

- Engine had a big service and a K&N filter

- New carpet with extra carpet underlay (made massive sounds difference)

- Made a new centre console with heaps of space

I have used the wire under the centreconsole to connect 3 cigarette lighter females for radio etc charging

- With hidden stubby holder grin :D :mrgreen:
* NOTE if interested I can port more pics of the centre console

- "Kitchen" against read door (will post some pics of the closed version tomorrow)

Had a big service this week and runs a bit better again.

Plans for this week: suspension or locker, depending how much I get paid :)
Last edited by rcolijn on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

City: Perth
Vehicle: Awesome Isuzu Mu, 2.8 TD, Adjustable shocks, AT Tyres, no backseat, 2.5" exhaust. Heavy Duty battery, custom snorkel, custom roofrack, custom centre console, custom rear door kitchen, carpet with extra underlay, Clarion sounds system, K&N airfilter, D694 tyres, bucket seats, extra lights in rear cabine, custom tow bar bracket, Nudge bar, 3 spotties, rear camping light, Second battery setup, rest is **still* standard :)

Postby rcolijn » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Forgot I put a new heavy duty battery in (present one was a car battery 4 years old)
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

Vehicle: Awesome Isuzu Mu, 2.8 TD, Adjustable shocks, AT Tyres, no backseat, 2.5" exhaust. Heavy Duty battery, custom snorkel, custom roofrack, custom centre console, custom rear door kitchen, carpet with extra underlay, Clarion sounds system, K&N airfilter, D694 tyres, bucket seats, extra lights in rear cabine, custom tow bar bracket, Nudge bar, 3 spotties, rear camping light, Second battery setup, rest is **still* standard :)

Postby muzila » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Nice job. Lookn good so far.
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby Captcol » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:14 pm

looking very good, what did you use for the thicker underlay? house stuff or auto specific?
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby rcolijn » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks guys, slowly getting there.

Nah just stuff I ripped out of the house. Its not bad actually as it has a plastic backing, so any little holes and cracks *should in theory* be plugged up and make her more waterproof (not that I hyave any off course:)). I am surprised how much difference it made, I can hardly hear the engine anymore. If I could get rid of the wind noise she would be whisper quiet....

Picture of my kitchen closed:

I am actually very please with the design, for the himge I just used two bolts and a washer and the bottom actually rests against the backing when fully opend, so no need for straps, ropes or little chains. It is being hold up against the back with sliders from an old car chair, this means I can actually take the whole box of when I dont need it and just have two little rails bolted against the door (used existing holws actually), its also height adjustable. At the present setting at actually just rests on the floor when not opened which stops it from rattling and takes the weight of the door. Work fine for me cup a tea!
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

Postby muzila » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Thats a dam nice wee kitchen you got there rcolijn. I going to have to steal your idea and do the same. I just have a bit of plywood hooked in that space. Its ok, but ruff. he he.
muzila
Site Admin

Postby rcolijn » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks Mate,

I'll make some more pics of the setup. Only thing I'd probably change is thats its a bit heavy. If I would have the tools I'd probably build the whole thing from zync or something. Having said that, the workbench is nice to have heavy so you can use it as a sturdy table. and my hook which holds the door open is a bit worn out so migh have a look at the one day, its annoying it always falls closed.

The other thing not finished is the setup to put the plates and cuttlery, its a good idea to use the cloth but I'd like to rip it of and use either elastic fabric or put elastic bands in it, that way it dont rattle as much as it would if its loose hanging like now.

Really happy with the stove screwed on like this though, and the oven mitt stops it from rattling grin.

Will post some pics when I have time...
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

Postby wbski007 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:44 pm

What a great idea for a little kitchen, looks great and I'm sure it will get plenty of use out in the bush, good going mate. I use cheap paper plates in between my good china plates to stop them from ratteling and getting beat up while traveling
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Postby rcolijn » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 am

Excellent idea, might use that, jeez this forum comes up with some good ideas!
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

Postby rcolijn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:48 am

Bit of progress again, a guy who is wrecking a mu has sold me a nudge bar and a rear protection thing. Also changed some of the trim inside as it was really starting to crack and dry out.

And I splashed out and bought and connected some Nite Stalker 170 HID spotlights, they are fantastic alltough have to still try them in the bush.

And finally upgraded the suspension with some Dobinson shocks, an extra leave at the back and a 2 inch lift, yay!

ps did installation myself and it was a bit of work but I did a proper job and used good thick wiring and proper fuse / relay connections and convoluted tubing, thats a bastard to use but thye result looks good.

I have a used the standard switch but am thinking about re-using the un-used fog light switch. I have pulled it out and placed it on the far right whichy was an empty one, just need to wire it up, if anybody has some ideas that would be great, I did some measuring but didn't seem to find the right combination, for the present swicth I have the feed (blue) earth (black) and wire to relay (white). I'll make some photos durring the week but I think there are about 7 wires? Any advice apprecaited!

Next stop, my second battery installation... somewhere :) Anybody got any pics of theirs? I dont have place under the bonnet so it'll have to be somewhere in the truck, mmmm gonna be interersing...
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

Postby rcolijn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:11 am

K, did some testing and am really happy with my spotties, still need to do some adjusting but here are some crappy pictures from my Iphone
Probably would not mind a third one in the middle which is another pencil beam.
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

Postby rcolijn » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 pm

And the story continued...

I have finally managed to complete my 2nd battery install today:

Open
Closed

So I installed some awesome camping spots:
And side on:

Also installed a 3rd HID spot:

And a el cheapo awning (just a tarp and some tent poles from bunnings).
Its nice tho....

A new fridge and prepared for lots of other stuff to come.
I did however notice that the 1.5 hours of commuting does not recharge enough to keep my Engle fridge freezer up and running:(

So anybody tips on deep cycle battery hunting?
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

Postby jellis » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 am

hey mate, I'd really like to know where you got your carpet from ?
cheers, Josh
jellis
Isuzu Guru

City: sydney
Vehicle: 1992 isuzu mu 2" lift all round
33"x 12.5 federal's

Postby muzila » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Wow ron thats looking really good mate!!!

What size is your altinator and what are you using as an isolator???
muzila
Site Admin

Postby rcolijn » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:46 pm

I still have the original altinator, do you think I should upgrade? Never thought about it actually:) Last weekend I bought a 100ah deep cycle, thats for the moment paralell with my old car battery and keeps the engel running 24/7.Voltage drops to 9 volt sometimes but fridge stays on -0.5 :)

Re carpet, I was just lucky and picked the whole set up from a guy on eBay who rolled his Mu, for 15 bucks :)

Mu is going in for new balljoints, wheel alignmenst and more tomorrow!

New photos soon to come...
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

Postby muzila » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:32 am

It is somthing to think about. The standard one is rated at 55amps. You can get a bighorn one that puts out 80amps and I have heard of 1 or 2 Mu's reciving the 120amp truck altinator. I run an 80amp bighorn one. bolts straight in but a tiny bit of wire changing needed.

You should run an isolator for your batterys or you may find when to go to start your Mu after a nights camping it wont go.
muzila
Site Admin

Postby nig99 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Have missed seeing your truck around Ron - where are you working now?
nig99
Isuzu Baby

City: Shannons Flat, NSW
Vehicle: 2009 D-Max dual cab diesel tray-back

Postby rcolijn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Nig: have moved to WA, much better tracks here, weather is better too:)
If you want look up "The awesome Isuzu Mu" on Facebook, some good pics up there of me mucking arround in WA.

Long time no update....

Let me see, my alternator died (that mud hole was just a bit deeper than expected) so I got a new one (80amps).

I finally ordered my body lift kit so that awaiting installation.

Had the engine dyno tuned today and still picking up 96bhp which is not bad (they added the last 6).

After body lift I'll put the intercooler in and probably change the snorkel to double the size, still thinking how to do that without it looking like crap.

An I am still wanting to insert my EGR block off plates....

So much to do, so little time...
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

Postby muzila » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Welcome back mate!!
muzila
Site Admin

Postby rcolijn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Thank mate, good to see lots of folks active!

Today I finally had time to install the EGR block off plates, which was easier than I expected. Yesterday I painted them in my favorite paint which is POR15. Only 1 stud gave me a bit of a hassle but nothing major.

And cause I had some paint left I decided to paint the wipers:):

And forgot to mention that the dyno place replaced the primer with a new one (was sucking air) and a water glass too.

I just painted the lift blocks so I hope next weekend I have some time to put those in.
Can anybody give me a rough timeframe for a lift?
Should I put a Saturday apart for it?

Also, the 2 hoses which came of the EGR, I just simply looped one to the other, thats ok isn't it?

Thanks guys
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Members Rigs